Dr Johanna Budwig Anti-Cancer Diet
The Budwig Diet
The Budwig diet has been successfully helping people with cancer, but also Arthritis, Asthma, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Multiple sclerosis, Heart Disease, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne and other chronic conditions.
To start the diet, you will need to have 3 appliances:
- A coffee bean grinder to grind the flaxseeds.
- An immersion hand-held blender (a stick-shaped mixer) It’s important to use an electric mixer rather than stirring by hand.
- A Juice Machine. The BLENDTEC or a masticating type juicer is said to give a more healthful juice than a centrifugal type. If you do not have this type of juicer the BUDWIG CENTER can help you locate one.
Budwig Diet Flaxseed Oil and Cottage Cheese (FOCC) or quark recipe:
Generally, each tablespoon of Flaxseed Oil (FO) is blended with 2 or more tablespoons of low-fat organic Cottage Cheese (CC) or quark.
Note: Whenever Tablespoons are mentioned it is the standard US tablespoon, which is the equivalent of the British “dessert” spoon.
1 US Tablespoon = 15 ml and 1 British Tablespoon is 18 ml – 16 tablespoons = cup and 4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup.
- To make the Budwig Muesli, blend 3 Tablespoons (British dessert spoons) of flaxseed oil (FO) with 6 Tbps low-fat (less than 2%) Quark or Cottage Cheese (CC) with a hand-held immersion electric blender for up to a minute If the mixture is too thick and/or the oil does not disappear you may need to add 2 or 3 Tablespoons of milk (goat milk would be the best option). Do not add water or juices when blending FO with CC or quark. The mixture should be like rich whipped cream with no separated oil. Remember you must mix ONLY the FO and CC and nothing else at first. Always use organic food products when possible.
- Now once the FO and CC are well mixed grind 2 Tbps of whole flaxseeds and add to the mixture. Please note that freshly ground flax seeds must be used within 20 minutes after being ground or they will become rancid. Therefore, do not grind up flaxseeds ahead of time and store.
- Next mix in by hand or with the blender 1 teaspoon of honey (raw non-pasteurized is recommended)
- (Optional) For variety you may add other ingredients such as sugar free apple sauce, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice, chopped almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews (no peanuts), pine kernels, rosehip-marrow. For people who find the Budwig Muesli hard to take these added foods will make the mixture more palatable. Some of our patients have even added a pinch of Celtic sea salt and others put in a pinch of cayenne pepper for a change
- (Optional) Dr. Harvey Diamond who wrote a book on the importance of “food combining” and other experts recommend not mixing fruit with other foods (they say to eat fruit on its own on an empty stomach and wait 10 minutes before eating other foods) If however you do not have any digestion problems you may want to add various fruits, especially berries fresh or frozen. No more than 1 cup of fruit should be added.
- (Optional) Add ground up Apricot kernels (no more than 6 kernels per day). Or you may decide to eat these apricot kernels on their own.
Nausea – Some people get nausea from the ground flaxseeds, to counter this by taking a small bowl of papaya immediately afterwards or some fresh peppermint tea. Also, put a lot of papaya into the morning muesli too, it may be there is a special enzymes in the papaya that quells the nausea.
The Basic Rule with the Budwig diet is “if God made it, then its fine and try to eat it in the same form that God made it”. Here are some foods that many are not sure of, but they are accepted on the Budwig diet.
- Stevia, raw non-pasteurized honey, Xylitol (from Birch trees), dates, dates, figs, berry and fruit juices serve as sweeteners.
- Herbs in their natural form (pure nothing added)
- All nuts (raw unroasted) are fine except peanuts
- All seeds good, sunflower seeds are very complete and filling
- Raw un processed cocoa, shredded (unsweetened coconut)
- Cup of black tea is accepted (coffee beans are toxic and not recommended)
- Any flour is permissible as long as it’s 100% whole grain. Corn is best to avoid because of mold/fungus and genetic manipulation
- 2 or 3 slices of health food store pickles (no preservatives! – read label!)
- Freezing cottage cheese /Quark as well as fruits and vegetables is ok.
- VERY IMPORTANT: The flaxseed oil must always be kept in the refrigerator. It will keep for 12 months in the freezer. Arrange to purchase as direct as possible from a manufacturer (like Barlean’s) and when it arrives put it right away in the refrigerator. Or arrange with the local health shop to keep a supply in the refrigerator for you.
- Drink only distilled water or reverse osmosis water.
Foods to avoid according to Dr. Budwig
- NO hydrogenated oils, NO trans-fats, (instead consume all cold pressed oils, such as sunflower seed oil, olive oil, etc)
- NO animal fats NO pork (pigs are the cleaners of the earth and their meat is loaded with toxins. ham, bacon, sausages, etc should be avoided)
- NO seafood (lobsters, clams, shrimp, all fish with a hard shell are cleaners of the sea and are loaded with toxins..)
- White regular pasta is eliminated, as is white bread, (Kamut or Spelt pasta and bread is a better choice than wheat) many patients have an intolerance to wheat, whole Rye, Oat, Multigrain bread is good. Corn is very discouraged (because of mold and genetic modification issues).
- NO ice cream or dairy products (other than the cottage cheese)
- NO white sugar, molasses, maple syrup or preservatives.
- NO processed foods (NO store bought pastries), make your own with our recipes
- NO Soy products (unless fermented or used for 2 or 3 weeks at the beginning if you cannot tolerate the cottage cheese)
- Avoid pesticides and chemicals, even those in household products & cosmetics. Good old vinegar, as well as baking soda are excellent household cleaners (look on the Internet for more info)
- NO microwave, NO Teflon or aluminium cooking ware or aluminium foil. We recommend and provide during your stay at Budwig Center enamel cooking ware. Stainless steel, ceramic, cast iron, glass and corning cooking wear are fine.
Dr. Budwig warned against using her protocol in conjunction with other therapies that could go against the benefits of her formula. Oxygen therapies, Laetrile (Vitamin B17 injections), Vitamin C infusions should not be combined with the program. Check with the Budwig Center if you are not sure.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: Although the Budwig diet will help immensely in your quest for abundant health, alone it may not be enough, especially if your condition is at a more advanced stage.
Whether you have cancer or other chronic health condition, it’s a very personal thing. What works for one patient, may not work for another. Each patient responds differently to disease and to the different treatments that are available.
This is why at the Budwig Cancer Center, we look at each patient on an individual basis. We do not believe in a “one size fits all” approach when it comes to treating any form of disease.
Please consider taking two minutes to complete our simple Medical Consultation form so that we can advise you on your best course of action in order to restore your health in the shortest possible time.
You may also wish to visit our Secure Store where you will find a range of potent natural supplements and other remedies.
Enjoy Some Sunshine – Relax
After sunbathing, as recommended by Dr. Budwig here is what some people on the program have said: “We all felt an increased feeling of general well-being, a feeling of lightness, more energy, better circulation, when in the sun, I felt the healing power of the sun affecting my skin much differently than before. Also, every week or two, I become aware of feeling better in different ways.”
“Old aches go away, my skin improves and I am able to do things better.”
One woman felt so good with the flaxseed oil, cottage cheese and sunbathing that she introduced it to her children and said that right away she could see improvements in their skin tone. As she spoke, I saw that her own skin had more color and was radiant. And this was only about two days after she started on our program!
We want you to get a reasonable amount of sunshine every day that you can. One of the significant aspects of Dr. Budwig’s work is that she has discovered, (or rather rediscovered) the affinity of the human body with the sun. If the body has the right balance of oils and proteins, it has a magnetic field which attracts the photons in sunlight and thus is open to the healing powers of the sun.
The BUDWIG CENTER is an officially approved Cancer Clinic by the Ministry of Health in Spain with the N.I.C.A. 43493