Dr Johanna Budwig, turn “up the heat” on cancer with hyperthermia
Dr. Budwig was in favor of hyperthermia. She writes in her book “Der Tod des Tumors (Bd. 2)”
[The Death of the Tumor, Vol. 2] on page 143:
“What other therapeutic measures are advisable, permitted, recommended? I always reply: Everyone should do what they can – cold water treatments, hyperthermia, homeopathy, phytotherapy (herbs)…..”
“Sunbathing, taking a sauna or a nice warm bath makes us feel good and provides many health benefits. Heat can also play a vital role and provide numerous health benefits in treating cancer.”
Hyperthermia creates heat and initiates a fever-like state, causing an intense, sustained elevation in core body temperature, which enhances the immune system and therefore activates a natural self-healing process in the body. Often people get concerned when they experience a fever. However fever is a natural and vital defense reaction against pathogenic bacteria and viruses. During the state of fever pathogens are eliminated, metabolic turnover is accelerates the detoxification of the body is in full swing.
“In July 2013, The Lancet Oncology published an article on the beneficial effects of hyperthermia (heat therapy). A team of clinicians headed by Rüdiger Wessalowski, MD of the University of Düsseldorf, showed that conventional treatment that included deep-tissue heating produced better results than generally achieved with surgery, radiation and/or chemotherapy alone .
There were 7 major findings:
- An objective response (i.e., tumor shrinkage) was seen in 30 out of 35 patients, or 86 percent.
- Sixteen of these 30 patients had a complete remission and 14 of the 30 had a partial remission.
- Ten patients who still had tumors after treatment then received additional radiotherapy: 8 of these 10 then had complete and durable remissions (“cures”).
- The probability of 5-year event-free survival was 62 percent and the five-year overall survival rate was 72 percent.
- Among those who received chemotherapy + hyperthermia as a salvage therapy the overall 5-year survival rate was 78 percent. “
- Immediate pain reduction and the elimination of the need for pain medications.
- No nausea, no discomfort, rapid improvement seen even after one session and improved immune system response.
“The combination of hyperthermia treatment and low dose radiation makes this therapy one of the most effective and lower side effects cancer treatment available today,” according to The Bicher Cancer Institute in Los Angeles, California. 
The Greek physician and philosopher, Parmenides, 540-480 BC said; “Give me the power to create fever and I will cure all diseases”. The oldest known method of whole body hyperthermia of the Native American Indians is the sweat lodge. And the Egyptians prescribed baths in the hot desert sands as well as the healing properties of hot springs.
By 1900, the American physician, Dr. William Coley, stared using fever-causing agents in the treatment of cancer with considerable success.
In 1927, Julius Wagner-Jauregg received the Nobel Prize in medicine for work involving the therapeutic application of hyperthermia.
Fever has long been a misunderstood, but now many modern Cancer clinics and hospitals are starting to offer this hyperthermia heat therapy to their cancer patients.
What is Hyperthermia?
Basically hyperthermia treatment is using a special machine that exposes the body to supra normal temperature (41.5 to 43ºC / 104 -113ºF) to kill the cancerous cells and microbes, without damaging the healthy tissues.
Hyperthermia offers the following benefits:
- Hyperthermia is a constructive, health-promoting system, initiated and created by the body in its own effort to fight infections and other conditions of disease and to restore health.
- Fever speeds up the metabolism, inhibits the growth of invading virus or bacteria, and accelerates the healing processes.
- When heat is applied to the tumor, vital nutrients and oxygen are cut off from the cancer cells. This results in a collapse of the tumor’s vascular system and destruction of the cancer cells, which can then be mopped up by the immune system.
- Hyperthermia removes the accumulations of toxic chemicals that cause tumors and disease, improving circulation so that tissues are both nourished with oxygen and flushed of acidic wastes and weakening or even killing tumor cells that have a lower tolerance for heat than healthy cells.
- Hyperthermia can also be used in conjunction with chemotherapy and radiation and studies indicate that lower doses are needed and the results are often better than chemotherapy and radiation used on their own.
As Dr. Johanna Budwig approved of heat therapies such as in hyperthermia, at the Budwig Center Cancer Clinic in Southern Spain we offer this therapy to our cancer patients. We have both types of hyperthermia: local hyperthermia and full body hyperthermia. Contact us to find out what would be recommended in a certain patient’s case or schedule a medical consultation to put together a plan of therapies including hyperthermia sessions.
+34 952 577 369